Day 7 and struggling

As it often does, my body revolts after I have had several days of exercising well and eating less. It lures me back into the swamp. You're tired, you need a break. You have done so well, you can afford to slack off a little. Or the even more insidious way, which is to persuade me that since I have seen no tangible progress it is a sign that I will never succeed, so I should just learn to accept myself as I am. In any case the glory of beginning is over, so I'm ready to quit. I knew I was feeling vulnerable today so I thought I would make a huge broccoli salad so that I could eat lots of food without too much of a consequence. Well, yes, the broccoli did not carry a lot of calories, even 5 cups of it, but once you include almost a half cup of mayonnaise and a half package of bacon you have left the healthy aspect far back in the dust. It's really interesting to me how when I mentally look at the salad it's all broccoli, but if I were to take all of the other ingredients alone and picture eating just them it would seem absurd (which it was).

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21 - it's working slowly

Day 4 - It's your choice