Day 3 - Know thy enemy

I guess I am having a hard time figuring how to make this attempt any different than other attempts. What is there that I can change in the way I view things and the way I talk to myself? What are the times when things fall apart?

  • If there is free food either at a party or at work or anywhere else I can't help but eat it. There is something about the fact that it's free that makes it irresistible to me. It feels like a special occasion, so any restrictions go out the window. It really doesn't matter if I like the food or if I'm hungry. If there is free food I will eat it.
  • If I go out with friends I end up eating faster than everyone else so if we are sharing an appetizer I eat too much, or if I am done they might offer me their fries or whatever they are not eating. Also I try to eat fatty food so that I don't get a hangover.
  • If I'm at home alone and something made me unhappy or frustrated, or there is something that I am supposed to do that I don't want to do, then I escape those difficulties by eating, because it allows me to push it aside for awhile since I am eating (as if that is a job I have to accomplish instead).
  • If there is a limited amount of a certain type of food, I feel it is my job to finish it. Saving small amounts of food seems ridiculous and frustrating to me so I eat it instead.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7 and struggling

Day 21 - it's working slowly

Day 4 - It's your choice